- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of key lime juice (you can use lemon juice for a lemon pie) shopping list
- 8 ounces of whipped heavy cream or Cool Whip shopping list
- 1 cooked and cooled pie crust OR 1 graham cracker pie crust shopping list
- *Additional whipped cream for the top and or lime or lemon slices for decoration. shopping list
- [I really love this served with some shaved dark chocolate. The chocolate goes very well with the tartness of the lime.] shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixer bowl, add the juice with the condensed milk and whip until thick.
- Fold in the whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for an hour.
- Cut and serve!
- For single servings, put one shortbread cookie in the bottom of a wine glass or serving cup and top with the key lime mixture and chill for one hour.
- For a great cheesecake-type of Key Lime dessert, add one 8 ounce block of cream cheese to the condensed milk and juice and mix well, adding the whipping cream after the mixture is smooth. Taste for sweetness and add powdered sugar by the tablespoon to the mix if you like it sweeter while you mix it all together.