- 3 cups butter, softened
- 5/8 cup light brown sugar
- 5/8 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pie filling of your choice
You will want to prepare the pie filling on the the stovetop so that it will cook with the short baking time of the shortbread. One crust on the bottom, filling, crust on top. Bake.
I am thinking this is a winner. Bake in a tart pan or pan you can remove the pie easily.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Using your hands, mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Squeeze and work dough until it holds together. Press into three 9 inch pie pans and chill for 2 hours.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.