For 1 drink:
1 and 1/2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1 Cup
1 sprig of mint
3 ounces lemon/lime soda or ginger ale
For a party make up a big punch bowl. The longer the fruit steeps in the mixture, the more flavor it will infuse.
For a party: Makes 8 drinks
- 2 oranges, cut into half-moons
- 2 lemons, cut into half-moons
- 1 Persian cucumber or one 3-in.-long piece English cucumber, washed and sliced
- 2 cups Pimm’s No. 1
- 4 cups Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- 6 to 8 large sprigs mint, crushed gently, plus a few loose leaves
Fill 2 pitchers 1/4 full with ice. To each, add a layer of orange slices, a few lemon slices, and a layer of cucumber slices. Repeat the layering. Pour in the Pimm’s and Sprite, dividing between pitchers, and mix with a long-handled spoon. Poke mint sprigs and leaves down into drink. Divide drink among 8 tall glasses, with a few slices of fruit and cucumber in each glass, along with some mint leaves.
Notes: Persian cucumbers are small, thin-skinned, virtually seedless, and very tasty. They’re sold at well-stocked grocery
Refreshing drinks served at Wimbledon and cricket matches in England. Especially good when served with Indian food.