- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 3/4- to 1-inch-thick lamb rib chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup unsweetened black cherry juice
- 1 cup halved pitted fresh Bing cherries or other dark sweet cherries (about 7 ounces whole unpitted cherries)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- Ingredient Tip: Look for unsweetened black cherry juice at the supermarket and natural foods stores.
Preheat oven to 250Â°F. Mix flour, 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper on large plate. Lightly coat lamb chops with flour mixture; shake off excess. Melt butter with oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb chops and cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer chops to baking sheet and keep warm in oven while preparing sauce (do not clean skillet).
Add onion to same skillet and sautÃ© 2 minutes. Add cherry juice and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Boil until liquid is slightly reduced and onion is slightly softened, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes. Stir in cherries and half of basil and cook 1 minute. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Place 2 lamb chops on each of 4 plates. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle remaining basil over and serve.