- 3 cups butter, softened
- 5/8 cup light brown sugar
- 5/8 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pie filling of your choice
You will want to prepare the pie filling on the the stovetop so that it will cook with the short baking time of the shortbread.Â Â One crust on the bottom, filling, crust on top. Bake.
I am thinking this is a winner.Â Bake in a tart pan or pan you can remove the pie easily.Â
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Using your hands, mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Squeeze and work dough until it holds together. Press into three 9 inch pie pans and chill for 2 hours.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.